The Medical Advisory and Scientific Council (MASC) advises HFI on specific medical and clinical aspects, as well as establishes standards of care guidelines for the treatment of hepatitis and other liver-related illnesses and disorders.
Established in 2014, The Hepatitis Foundation International’s (HFI) MASC objectives are to advise the Foundation with specific medical and clinical aspects, as well as review, establish standards of care, review medical literature, organizational programs and offer policy guidelines for the treatment of hepatitis and other related diseases affecting the liver.
MASC members assure that HFI is fully engaged nationwide and globally to:
- Review, identify guidelines, and standards of care for the treatment of hepatitis and diseases affecting the liver.
- Develop the Foundation’s public health and research programs and assist the Foundation’s Board of Directors in setting research and programmatic goals and direction;
- Increase awareness of hepatitis and other related illnesses and disorders among medical professionals by assisting in the development of research resources training for appropriate audiences;
- Provide information to Foundation staff to assist in responding to medical inquires; and
- Review of HFI’s informational resources, programs, and services to verify the validity and medical accuracy of the information provided to our constituents.
The MASC meets via conference calls quarterly and as the schedule permits face to face at least once per year.
To join MASC contact us at: Research@hepatitisfoundation.org or call (800) 891-0707.