The Patient Advisory Council (PAC) which ensures that HFI remains committed to and guided by the needs of patients and families.
Established in 2014, HFI’s PAC objectives are to assure the Foundation remains committed to and guided by the needs of our patients, individuals, their families and communities through active engagement.
- Advocate and present the needs of patients, individuals, caregivers and communities affected by or infected with viral hepatitis and other liver related diseases;
- Represent patients, individuals, caregivers and communities disproportionately impacted by hepatitis and liver disease before legislators and the media;
- Assure equitable access to high quality care and treatment regimens for all communities;
- Assist in the development of HFI’s public health, research programs, services and/or campaigns are culturally and linguistically appropriate;
- Increase awareness of hepatitis and other related illnesses and liver disorders among disproportionately impacted communities nationwide and globally.
The PAC meets via conference calls and as the schedule permits face to face at least once per year.
To join the PAC contact us at: PAC@hepatitisfoundation.org or call (800) 891-0707.