Armpit fat, or the dreaded “bat wings”, is an area of stubborn flab that many people want to target. The good news is spot reduction is possible with specific isolation exercises for the upper arms and underlying muscles. Read on for the best moves to eradicate armpit jiggle and tone up fast.
Exercises To Take Down Underarm Fat
Excess fat often accumulates in the area of the upper inner arms surrounding the armpits. Women tend to be more troubled by armpit fat due to hormonal influences, but men can develop it too from weight gain.
The anatomy here consists of the triceps muscles enveloped by a layer of subcutaneous fat. Laxity in the muscle and skin also contributes to the appearance of underarm flab for some people.
Whittle away armpit fat stores and tighten everything up with strength training emphasizing the arms. Used in conjunction with proper nutrition, these exercises can conquer underarm jiggle.
1. Arm Circles
- Stand with arms extended by your sides parallel to the floor.
- Make small controlled circles with your arms, gradually increasing the size.
- Complete 15-20 circles forward and 15-20 backward.
- Keep shoulders back and abdominals engaged.
This mobilizes the shoulders and tones the upper underarm flab.
2. Forward Punch
- Hold light dumbbells and stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Keeping elbows tucked and core tight, punch arms straight forward.
- Power back to starting position controlled.
- Do 3 sets of 15-20 reps.
Punches chisel the upper arms and tighten loose underarm skin.
3. Tricep Kickback
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, hinge at hips and bend elbows.
- Keeping upper arms stable by your sides, extend one arm back and down.
- Return controlled and repeat on the other side.
- Complete 12-15 kickbacks per arm.
Kickbacks target the stubborn triceps responsible for armpit jiggle.
4. Diamond Push-Ups
- Form a diamond shape on the floor with your thumbs and index fingers.
- Keeping the back flat, perform a push-up with hands in the diamond shape.
- Push back up with control.
- Aim for 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions.
These powerful push-ups slim fat while sculpting upper arms and shoulders.
5. Dumbbell Row
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with knees slightly bent.
- Bend forward at the hips keeping back straight.
- Row one dumbbell up toward the chest, drawing shoulders back.
- Lower back down controlled. Repeat for 12-15 reps per side.
Rows strengthen upper back muscles that also assist with postural tone.
6. Overhead Tricep Extension
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, extend arms overhead with palms facing inward.
- Keeping upper arms stable, bend elbows and lower dumbbells behind the head.
- Straighten arms overhead again with control.
- Repeat for 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps.
Hit those hidden triceps at the back of the arms to eliminate jiggle.
- Get in a push-up position balancing on your forearms with legs extended behind you.
- Keep hips level, core braced, and neck neutral as you hold the position.
- Maintain a straight rigid plank for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat for 2-3 sets.
Planks strengthen the core muscles that stabilize the upper body and arms.
Work Those Arms
Combine these isolation exercises with cardio like swimming, tennis, aerobics or running to torch fat all over while building stronger arms. Aim to strength train 2-3 times per week for best results. With consistency, you’ll firm and tighten that stubborn underarm area.
With targeted strengthening exercises that tackle triceps, upper arms, shoulders, and core, armpit fat can be tackled for good. The key is tailoring your fitness regimen to the problem zone.
Along with proper nutrition, these armpit fat exercises sculpt lean muscle for toned upper arms, minimized jiggle, and increased confidence in sleeveless tops.
The upper inner arms have fewer large muscles compared to areas like the glutes. Less muscle results in slower metabolism. Fat also adheres tightly here.
Light to medium weight with very high reps (15-25) works best to burn fat while sculpting lean muscle for toned arms.
Aim for 30-45 minutes of dedicated upper arm/upper body strength training 2-3 times a week along with regular cardio to achieve armpit fat loss.
Yes, push-ups combined with other tricep and arm exercises help strengthen the muscles under armpit fat while torching calories.
Focusing on just one arm can result in muscle imbalance, poor posture, and joint strain over time. Always train both arms equally.